We've all tried our hand at summer commuting when the air is warm, sunsets are late, and the weather is predictable, but we carry a special admiration for those of you who continue the commitment into the colder months. A piece like the Gore Bike Wear Element Urban Windstopper Hooded Jacket goes a long way towards making your winter commute both bearable and enjoyable when it's cold, especially since Gore managed to stash a wealth of tech into a design that looks more like a casual jacket than road kit.
When you're staring into a gloomy, misty ride home, you'll be glad to have the Windstopper shell preventing wind and rain from soaking you while you're still unlocking your bike. Gore adds a drop-tail hem to guard against wheel spray, and a minimal, but effective hood lends extra protection when you're wearing the jacket off-the-bike as well. With commuting in mind, Gore integrates a wealth of internal and external pockets into the jacket's design for stashing essentials you need to keep close, as well as ample reflective accents to enhance your visibility to motorists on dimly lit streets. The slim cut of the jacket gives you the flexibility to throw a baselayer on underneath your jersey if needed or wear a thicker layer on colder days, while still retaining a tailored silhouette.
- Cold-weather cycling jacket ideal for winter commuting
- Face fabric blocks wind and repels water as you ride
- Slim fit creates tailored silhouette with room for layers
- Drop tail hem can be folded for added coverage
- Multiple reflective accents enhance visibility to motorists
- Wealth of pockets safely stash your commuting essentials