Stay warm during fall and winter rides.
If you're a serious cyclist and don't have a vest in your wardrobe, you're missing an essential piece of gear. The Gore Bike Wear Countdown AS Vest has everything you need in a sleeveless, windproof-front, zip-up garment.
What separates this vest from the others are the materials and the details. Firstly, it's made of Gore Windstopper Soft Shell -- it's windproof, highly water resistant, breathable, and supremely comfortable. Secondly, the multiple panels are designed with an adherence to Gore's idea of Slim Fit. So just like your race jerseys, it won't flap or flutter in the breeze. Stretchy lycra hems at the waist and sleeve holes further perfect the fit. Another nice detail is the storm flap under the zipper that ensures you won't experience rubbing/chafing/catching of skin or jersey under the vest. And there's a zipper dock at the top, so it won't chafe your neck when fully zipped.
A mesh insert in the back keeps it from keeping you too warm, allowing an escape route for the buildup of body heat as you ride. That's also where you'll find two stash pockets for easy access to snacks. But in case you pulled your jersey out mid-ride and left your snacks in the jersey pockets, the back of the vest has openings on either side of its pockets to reach inside and into the jersey pockets for your next gel fix.
The Gore Countdown AS Vest is available in Blue, Black, and Red and comes in five sizes from Small to XX-Large. And, like all Gore garments, there is reflective piping and logos in the front and rear -- after all, being seen in inclement conditions is key.
- Napoleon pocket for easy access to electronics or snacks
- 2 compartment patch pockets on back for supplements or other essentials
- 2 side openings in back for easy access to jersey pockets
- Shifted seams reduce chafing
- Ergonomically shaped collar for added comfort
- Mesh insert in back promotes airflow
- Abrasion resistant hem and armholes for added durability
- Reflective piping on front and back makes you more visible