Take deep breaths.
When you're getting ready for a full day on the trails, hands are often the last thing to think about. But even though they aren't providing the power for your ride, they're how you control shifting, braking, and steering — not to mention, they're the first part of your body to take a hit when you clip a low-hanging tree branch. Giro's Xen Gloves take hand protection to the next level, with plenty of DH-ready padding and XC-caliber breathability.
The gloves' upper is covered by Giro's sonic-welded armor, which is accented by breathable mesh to keep your hands protected and cool. At the heel of your palm, Poron XRD padding is soft until impact, at which point it stiffens to keep your palms from getting shredded when you go over the bars. Flex zones at the knuckles and silicone print at the fingertips keep your digits dexterous and your braking reliable, respectively, and the three-piece Super Fit Clarino palm is hooked up with 2mm Technogel padding to reduce vibrations without making it feel like you're gripping your bars while wearing mittens.
- Protective gloves for rowdy days on the dirt
- Sonic-welded armor takes the sting out of branch hits
- Breathable mesh offers much-needed ventilation
- Poron XRD padding at heel of palm hardens on impact
- Knuckle flex zones keep dexterity a priority
- 2mm Technogel padding reduces harsh vibrations
- Silicone print at fingertips for touch-screen compatibility