Regime Cycling Shoe
New to Giro’s road shoe lineup — and likely here to stay — is the Regime Cycling Shoe. With the Regime Giro offers a mid-level performance road shoe, equipped with an upgraded dual Boa L6 dial closure system. The Regime seems to coalesce the finer parts of what works so well with the entry-level Cadet and the more elite performance characteristics of the full carbon sole found in the exceptional Empire line. Constructed with a single piece of Synchwire, with laser-perforations for venting, the Regime provides a supportive and thermobonded fit for any cycling session, whether racing or on the indoor trainer. Ditching the hook-and-loop toe strap of the Cadet, the Regime fine-tunes your fit at 1mm increments with the dual Boa L6 dials for faster micromanagement during on-bike adjustments.
Underneath, an upgraded carbon-composite sole efficiently transfers watts to the pedals, and a 3D molded footbed provides medium arch support for a neutral fit. Additionally, the Regime removes the 2-bolt cleat holes and moves to a 3-bolt only cleat pattern with 5mm of adjustment. This signals the transition to a road-focused approach for the Regime. While still accommodating serious indoor training sessions, it will not match with conventional spin-class pedal systems, as will the Cadet.
- Road cycling shoe that doubles down on performance goals
- One-piece Synchwire upper and dual Boa dials for firm and comfortable fit
- Carbon-composite sole transfers power efficiently in the 3-bolt design
- Laser-perforated ventilation for hot summer ride and warm indoor sessions
- Competitive weight helps keep pace with upper-tier featherweights