Ranger Cycling Shoe
Giro’s Ranger Cycling Shoe fills a new middle-ground in the mountain biking shoe line-up. With a shape and visual construction that likens it more closely to Giro’s elite level Sector shoe, the Ranger confidently moves away from the sneaker-inspired cycling shoe. Using trickle-down tech from the Sector and Rincon, the Ranger receives a durable one-piece Synchwire upper and a strong nylon and rubber outsole. Perhaps the only cost-saving measure seen on the Ranger may be the triple hook-and-loop strap closures instead of the BOA dial found on the Rincon. However, given that these strap-style closures are still used in the upper echelons of cycling shoes, the Ranger is designed to provide high-performance at a lower cost.
Giro equips the Ranger for long treks across mountainous terrain with a comfortable midsole and heel/toe reinforcements that take the trail hits for you. Since the sole is made of nylon instead of carbon, bike-hiking and creek crossing is much easier to perform. Two-bolt compatibility matches most of the major pedal company offerings for off-road systems, and pre-drilled holes for toe-spikes are ready to help with cyclocross run-ups, and early-spring trail rides with heavy snowmelt.
- Ready-to-ride mountain bike and gravel shoe without the lofty price tag
- Strong nylon and rubber sole provide confident stiffness and grip
- Easy to adjust straps hold tight when you get on the pedals
- Durable upper material resists abrasions while on foot
- Toe-spike compatible for muddy trails and cyclocross racing
- Reinforced heel and toe sections take the hits for you