Find your way.
The Giro Men's Privateer R Shoe breaks on the scene as a refreshing update to the original Privateer, preserving all the qualities riders loved in the classic hardworking trail shoe and updating the outsole to co-molded nylon and rubber for an impeccable mix of comfort, stiffness, and grip. Minor updates aside, the Privateer R still cuts a streamlined profile to add a touch of class to any day on the trail.
The Privateer R's closure system consists of a ratcheting buckle at the top and two hook-and-loop straps across the midfoot and toes that are easily adjustable on the fly for a secure, comfortable fit. The upper is made of soft, breathable microfiber and features perforations for added cooling and a sleek, minimalist profile.
Giro incorporates a co-molded nylon and rubber outsole with grippy, high-traction lugs for confident foot placement on and off the bike. Toe box reinforcement increases the Privateer R's lifespan, with a rubber toe guard to protect your piggies when the going gets rough. The outsole's tread pattern also accommodates flat pedal riding while providing debris clearance for two-bolt clipless pedals, so they'll travel with you between disciplines.
- Grippy trail shoe for singletrack adventures and racing
- Co-molded nylon sole optimizes pedaling efficiency
- High-traction rubber lugs provide aggressive grip
- Microfiber upper is pleasantly supple and breathable
- Dual-strap lower with micro-adjustable buckle at upper
- Aegis antimicrobial promotes freshness after sweaty rides
- Giro's sleek styling gets a rugged makeover for the trail