Cycling shoes generally have the reputation for being narrow, and though that's not always the case, riders with wide feet don't always receive the options in cycling that they would in other sports. Giro took note of this and introduced a version of the Privateer R shoes in its own wide width. The men's Privateer R HV Shoes have higher volume to accommodate riders with taller insteps and wider feet, allowing them to enjoy the same contoured fit that all cyclists want without having to endure numbness and pinched metatarsals.
Giro starts with a breathable microfiber upper, which uses a blend of welded and stitched seaming to lessen the likelihood of hot spots and blisters while providing a tailored fit. For further fine-tuning, the shoes include two hook-and-loop straps along the instep and an N-1 micro-adjustable ratcheting buckle closure that can be replaced to extend the shoes' longevity. Giro also adds its molded EVA insole, which is shaped to provide additional support to the arch and receives an Aegis anti-microbial treatment to help ward off offensive odors.
For added traction on the trails, Giro designed the Privateers with a co-molded nylon outsole with aggressive rubber lugs and a midfoot scuff guard to protect the sole. If the going gets tough and the run-ups get sloppy, the soles also have room to add toe spikes for improved grip, and a rubber toe cap protects your feet in the event of run-ins with rocks on the trails or steps on the 'cross course.
- Trail shoes with serious grip for singletrack adventures
- Co-molded nylon sole optimizes pedaling efficiency
- High-traction rubber lugs provide aggressive grip
- Microfiber upper is pleasantly supple and breathable
- Extra room for those with wide and high-volume feet
- Dual-strap lower with micro-adjustable buckle at upper
- Aegis odor-fighting tech promotes freshness after sweaty rides
- Giro's sleek styling gets a rugged makeover for the trail