Montara MIPS Helmet
If your weekend agenda includes mashing up climbs, shredding descents, and taking in beautiful ridgeline views, make sure to bring along the Giro Montara MIPS Helmet. Designed for long days spent on the trails, the Montara is constructed with a durable In-Mold polycarbonate shell surrounding an impact-absorbing EPS foam liner and Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) so you can bring industry-leading tech along for the ride.
The big deal with MIPS technology is its ability to reduce impact force in the event of a crash. MIPS consists of a strategically anchored, thin liner on the inside of the helmet that looks exceptionally simple, but serves a big purpose. That little liner is designed to move independently of the helmet shell and diffuse certain types of impact force better than standard, non-MIPS helmets.
Beyond impacts, Giro ensures the Montara won't slow you down by designing it to integrate with your other riding gear, including a built-in camera mount with a breakaway design. Further, Giro's P.O.V. Plus visor adjustment system allows you to adjust the visor to accommodate full goggles with the helmet. Strap grippers are included on the back of the helmet to keep the goggles in place.
To keep the helmet from feeling cumbersome on hot days and long climbs, Giro created space for 16 vents with internal channeling for efficient air flow. The Montara is lined with hydrophilic, anti-microbial padding that absorbs sweat and, together with the Roc Loc fit system, provides a comfortable fit against your skin.
- Helmet for shredding singletrack in style and comfort
- In-Mold polycarbontate shell is durable yet lightweight
- EPS foam absorbs and disperses impact over a wider area
- MIPS technology reduces rotational forces in a crash
- 16 vents provide plenty of airflow with internal channeling
- Roc Loc fit system customizes the fit for a secure, comfortable hold
- Lining absorbs perspiration and resists the buildup of odors
- P.O.V. Plus visor adjustment accommodates full goggles