No more squeezing in.
You've become accustomed to squishing your voluminous feet into regular trail shoes like a contortionist performing an act for the circus. The resulting fit isn't pretty, creating numerous pressure points and painful rubbing that eventually sidelines you from riding your favorite trails and racing on the weekends. Eliminate this discomfort for good with the high-volume fit provided by the Giro Empire VR90 HV+ Shoes.
Besides its wider-than-average fit, the HV VR90 is identical to the standard model, which is a good thing if you're seeking a lightweight off-road shoe that's both powerful and extremely comfortable. The Evofiber upper by Teijin precisely wraps your feet with a one-piece design that eliminates irritation from holding you back. This breathable microfiber won't stretch out over time, meaning it retains its supportive fit after logging hundreds of hard-earned miles.
Looking to the sole of this off-road shoe, you'll find an Easton EC90 carbon fiber sole for excellent power transfer when you're jockeying for position in a race or powering up a steep climb with rocks posing a technical challenge. This ultra-stiff carbon sole is covered with Vibram rubber traction that grips over rugged outcroppings and forest roots still slimy from a recent rainfall. Because of this rubber outsole, you'll find it's also a great choice for cyclocross racing, where shouldering your bike requires plentiful grip underfoot.
- Giro's most premium off-road shoe with a high-volume fit
- Voluminous fit accommodates wider feet without pressure points
- Easton EC90 carbon fiber sole is extremely stiff and responsive
- Traditional lace closure for tightening it to your exact liking
- Vibram rubber outsole lends aggressive grip on the trail
- Evofiber breathable upper retains a supportive fit, supple feel
- SuperNatural Fit footbed with adjustable arch for a custom fit