Why We Like The Empire E70 Knit Cycling Shoe
Knit technology, while seen in other athletic footwear, makes its first appearance in the cycling world with Giro's Empire E70 Knit Shoes. What you can experience is exceptional comfort and superior breathability while putting in long base miles or while winding it up for an hour during a 4-corner crit. This super-durable upper is built with cycling in mind and never compromises fit in its quest to provide lightweight power transfer.
Other athletic disciplines use knit technology in footwear because its stretch, support, and breathability offer tangible benefits. We have yet to see it in cycling shoes because—as we all know—cycling demands unique requirements for footwear. Giro solves this with the Xnetic Knit upper. It employs a rigid TPU support skeleton that is structurally designed for cycling and wraps it with DWR-treated Xnetic Knit for water repellency, easy cleaning, and a glove-like fit. TPU reinforcements are utilized at the toe and heel, adding durability off the bike or if you happen to have a little toe/tire overlap at low speeds. Following the—ahem—footsteps of other Empire shoes, this one features a traditional lace closure for a customized fit and low weight.
- A knitted road cycling shoe for racing and training
- Lace closure is lightweight and highly adjustable
- Featherweight and stiff Easton EC70 sole for power transfer
- EVA footbed offers comfort and support
- TPU heel and toe reinforcements improve durability
- Giro specializes in interesting aesthetics with performance benefits
- Item #GIR00GF
- Upper Material
- Xnetic Knit, bonded TPU skeletal support structure
- molded EVA
- Easton EC70 carbon composite
- Cleat Compatibility
- Claimed Weight
- [single, size 42.5] 8.8oz (250g)
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year
4.5 based on 20 ratings
Fits True To SizeScreen reader users: the following list provides a visual scale to illustrate the product fit. Please refer to the heading above for the fit type in text.
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.