A good thermal jersey is an essential piece of a cyclist's cold weather kit, and we liked the Chrono jersey so much that it might just be our new go-to. The high-loft Italian fabric with brushed backing is robust enough to keep the cold out and warmth in, yet it retains the ability to stretch and move with the rider. A DWR coating is applied to the fabric to keep errant sprinkles from dampening spirits, while the wind guard front zipper blocks chilly drafts from piercing through.
Other notable features include Giro's Expandable Storage Pockets that allow you to carry plenty of extra clothing and accessories if the conditions require. We can't really think of anything worse than bonking during a ride in freezing temps, and these large pockets allow us to carry plenty of extra calories if a long day in the saddle is on the docket. Gripper elastic on the hem keeps the jersey in place even if your pockets are full, while reflective logos and accents help increase visibility when the sun has called it a day but the ride isn't over.
- Thermal cycling jersey keeps winter's icy fingers at bay
- High-loft Italian fabric insulates and adds warmth
- DWR coating defends against the elements
- Expandable Storage Pockets haul extra cargo
- UPF 50+ rating provides protection from sun's rays
- Be seen in low-light with reflective logos and highlights
- Full-length wind guard zipper adds climate control
- Hem gripper keeps the jersey in place while riding