With you for every epic ride.
Trail riding demands a helmet that you can forget about on the climb, but that won't bail on you if you overshoot a switchback and end up flying over your bars. Based on the design of the pricier Montaro MIPS helmet, the Giro Chronicle MIPS Helmet comes with no-frills sensibility for riders who'd rather focus on getting out on singletrack and staying safe than on having the fanciest equipment. Upgrade now to get lightweight, streamlined protection further enhanced by the addition of MIPS.
Like any self-respecting MTB lid, the Chronicle MIPS comes with extended coverage along the back of the head, as well as a protective P.O.V. Plus visor to shield you from sharp branches, rocks, and the sun. The In-Mold polycarbonate shell pairs with EPS foam to provide more traditional protection against hard hits, while MIPS sits subtly inside the helmet in the form of a thin inner basket. This barely-there liner shifts slightly upon impact to absorb brain-damaging rotational energy generated by certain crashes. Plush Coolmax padding keeps the helmet resting softly against your noggin, and 14 airy Wind Tunnel vents prevent things from getting swampy inside the helmet on a warm weekend afternoon.
- Shield your noggin without cramping your style on-trail
- Visor and extended coverage add trail-specific protection
- Lightweight design with 14 vents won't weight you down
- MIPS technology minimizes effects of certain damaging crashes
- One-handed adjustment keeps helmet comfortable and secure
- Plush interior Coolmax padding wicks as it cushions