Sure-footed stability and tenacious grip.
Building off the successful design of the original Chamber used by professional enduro and downhill racers, the Giro Men's Chamber II Cycling Shoe provides a stable pedaling platform with plentiful grip that comes in handy when you're placing a foot down over sketchy terrain. It takes the form of a skate shoe, but it's reinforced with a Vibram sole and rubberized heel and toe overlays. Traditional laces sit alongside an ankle strap that stabilizes these shoes when you're pedaling swiftly down the trail and hitting the jump line in the bike park.
The Vibram Megagrip sole is a favorite for all-mountain, enduro, and downhill pursuits, seeing it's extremely grippy and works with both flats and clipless-style pedals. Instead of the traditional cleat placement, Giro uses a 10-millimeter setback that's tailored to the needs of enduro and downhill racers. If you're not aware, many gravity and all-mountain riders use a cleat setback to conserve energy by using your quads instead of your calves, as well as stabilize your foot on the middle of the pedal. This way, you can conserve precious energy and retain a secure, well-balanced feel while pummeling over technical terrain with sudden drop offs, rock rolls, and loose rocks strewn across the trail.
- Inspired by the needs of enduro and downhill racers
- Skate shoe-inspired aesthetic with entirely flat sole
- Traditional laces with ankle strap for extra security
- Vibram Megagrip sole works with flats and clipless pedals
- Rubberized lugs grip onto rocks, roots, and slick surfaces
- 10mm cleat setback conserves energy, increases stability
- DH EVA footbed with arch support for a comfortable fit