There's a place for the race-minded, painted-on fit of the jerseys and jackets in Giordana's Acqua Vento line. Long winter base miles aren't necessarily that place. The Women's Fusion Jacket provides a different fit option in a windproof, water-resistant, fleece-lined package.
The Fusion Jacket is for winter cyclists who want their cold-weather kit to stay as functional as their summer-weight fare but allow for layering flexibility and a more comfortable fit than what they'd wear on the start line. Despite the more relaxed fit, the Fusion Jacket still exhibits the made-in-Italy sartorial expertise that keeps Giordana comfortably on top in our kit drawer.
The jacket is built around a windproof membrane that protects a low-loft layer of brushed insulation on the inner face and is supported by a DWR-treated outer face. It's not waterproof, but it does cause most types of light to moderate precipitation and road spray to bead up and slough off. The material's cycling-specific water resistance is matched by its cycling-specific stretch, which accommodates movement in the saddle.
The Fusion's accommodating fit is by no means tent-shaped, but it does boost the jacket's temperature range by allowing for base and mid layers. With the appropriate layering (and depending on personal cold tolerance), we find that jackets like the Fusion can easily push below 30 degrees Fahrenheit. Regardless of your thoughts on cold, the Fusion is an ideal choice for rides below 40.
The jacket's protection extends up your neck courtesy of a tall collar that's shaped to provide coverage while in the saddle, and the standard complement of three rear pockets is upgraded with a fourth, zippered pocket for secure storage of personal effects. The jacket is finished with reflective details to help catch the attention of other road users during low-light training rides.
- A winter cycling jacket that privileges layering
- Windproof, water-resistant material breathes for comfort
- Soft inner face provides a thermal layer
- Extended collar and dropped hem add additional protection
- Elastic cuffs maintain seal around gloves
- Reflective accents help ensure visibility on dreary winter days
- Giordana produces all of its clothing in its own Italian facility
View more Women's Jackets
Gore Bike Wear Element Windstopper Active Shell Zip-Off Jacket - Women's
|Waist||23 - 25in
(58 - 64cm)
|25.5 - 27in
(65 - 69cm)
|27.5 - 29in
(70 - 74cm)
|29.5 - 31in
(75 - 79cm)
|Hips||33 - 34.5in
(83 - 88cm)
|35 - 36.5in
(89 - 93cm)
|37 - 39in
(94 - 99cm)
|40 - 42in
(102 - 107cm)
- Note: Giordana cycling apparel has a tight fit, do not expect a baggy or roomy fit.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.