Thermal jerseys have long been the realm of club cuts and ill-fitting elastic hems and cuffs. Giordana changes that with its FR-C Raggi Women's Jersey, which combines the functional versatility of a thermal jersey with all of Giordana's FormaRed-Carbon (FR-C) race line. This includes, primarily, fit, which means the FR-C Raggi is slim and close-fitting instead of shapeless and wind-flapping. The jersey's body fits less like your gran fondo uncle's retro wool jersey and more like the summer-weight stuff that you wear for race day.
That FR-C DNA also manifests in the cuffs and hem, which are lie-flat bands instead of blousy elastics. The hem is an especially marked departure in terms of fit, as it rises in the front. This may produce a slight bib/jersey gap while you're standing, but the jersey isn't made for standing. It's made for riding. And when you're in the saddle, the fit clicks into place and helps eliminate the bulging and rippling across the stomach that plagues standard thermal fare. Every one of those bulges is a potential foothold for drag, so reducing them means reducing your aerodynamic footprint. It also just looks a helluva lot better.
The jersey's FR-C pattern is shaped from a material called Dolomiti, a thermal synthetic blend named for the Italian mountain range that plays host to much of the Euro calendar's cycling drama and requires this kind of warmth almost year-round. Dolomiti is a high-stretch, breathable material with lightweight insulation that clings to body warmth with the surprising tenacity of classics specialist Di Luca clinging to the pure climbers' wheels in the mountains of the same name.
In addition to standing alone as an interval or cold-weather race jersey, the material's breathability means the jersey is also well-suited to serve as mid-layer when the winter gets deep. Regardless of its application, the jersey is equipped with three rear pockets complemented with a fourth, zippered pocket, which lets you keep keys and cards separate from tubes and gels. Aerofix garages at either end of the CamLock zipper reduce drag further, and reflective details help keep you visible during late returns and dim winter mornings.
- A thermal cycling jersey for training and racing
- Uncompromisingly aggressive FR-C race fit
- Thermal material warms and breathes
- Lie flat cuffs and hem reduce the bulge of most thermal jerseys
- Versatile enough to stand alone or use as a mid layer
- Three rear pockets and an additional zippered pocket
- Reflective details help get you noticed in low-light
View more Women's Long Sleeve Road Bike Jerseys
|Waist||23 - 25in
(58 - 64cm)
|25.5 - 27in
(65 - 69cm)
|27.5 - 29in
(70 - 74cm)
|29.5 - 31in
(75 - 79cm)
|Hips||33 - 34.5in
(83 - 88cm)
|35 - 36.5in
(89 - 93cm)
|37 - 39in
(94 - 99cm)
|40 - 42in
(102 - 107cm)
- Note: Giordana cycling apparel has a tight fit, do not expect a baggy or roomy fit.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
Reviews & Community
Beautiful and functional
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Size Bought: Small
The best of Giordana. Well worth the investment. Perfect for 50-60 degrees without a baselayer. Performs as advertised, keeps you warm without overheating and without added bulk.