FR-C Pro Short
While we typically choose a good pair of bib shorts for most road rides, the remarkable fit and comfort of Giordana's FR-C Pro Shorts made it so we didn't miss the suspender straps at all. Riders looking for a less restrictive fit will appreciate the lack of additional material at the back and shoulders, which is what makes them a great choice for warmer temperatures, too. Otherwise, the shorts share the same quality construction and top-of-the-line Cirro OmniForm chamois as the FR-C Pro bibs.
The shorts are constructed from HC-50 compressive Lycra on the front and side panels, which surpasses the previous generation's HC-44 with an increased thread count that results in a lighter short with better compression. Benefits include increased blood flow and a reduction in fatigue from road vibrations with increased muscle support. Zaffiro 2.0, a textured anti-abrasion Lycra, is utilized on the inner leg and seat panel as it increases the shorts' resistance to pedaling friction.
Our favorite feature might just be the 190 E leg cuffs. Giordana uses a soft, mesh-like elastic that expands for improved comfort and less restriction. This doesn't sacrifice the security of the fit though, as the taller 7.5cm cuff height and internal silicone grippers are more than enough to keep the shorts in place while pedaling.
Ametista Core Contour fabric wraps the waist and core, incorporating carbon threads for its anti-odor properties and reduction of electro-static interference. Light rolled elastic at the front and rear of the waist hem with soft silicone gripper elastic keep these shorts so securely in place, without feeling like you are getting cut in half, that you might never wear bibs again.
The Cirro OmniForm chamois is one of our favorites and it incorporates aloe vera into the face fabric for natural anti-odor properties with a pleasant cooling feeling. Underneath the top layer is a 4mm-thick pad of waffled-texture expanding memory foam that rushes moisture externally speeding up evaporation and limiting bacteria-prone dampness. The final layer of the chamois is a thick section of hand-sewn open cell padding with recessed channels for pressure relief.
- Quality road cycling shorts with a comfortable, supportive fit
- Fabrics combine compressive support with a lightweight, soft feel
- New leg bands are non-restrictive but still offer a secure hold
- Strategic Core Contour System paneling helps fight fatigue
- Abrastion-resistant Lycra on inner thighs and seat for durability
- Cirro OmniForm chamois offers all-day comfort in the saddle
- Ametista fabric at waist for added comfort and support
- Giordana is a family-owned company that makes their products in Italy
- Item #GIOX25O
- [face fabric] HC50 High Compression Power Lycra, [inner legs, seat panels] Zaffiro 2.0 abrasion-resistant Lycra, [waist] Ametista Carbon
- Cirro OmniForm
- Chamois Thickness
- [max] 14mm
- Leg Gripper
- 190 E (soft, non-restrictive elastic leg band with silicone gripper)
- Claimed Weight
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 1 year