FR-C Pro Bib Short
Whether you're toeing the line on race day, or heading out for a rigorous training ride, the FR-C Pro Bib Shorts set the benchmark for performance and comfort. Designed in conjunction with Giordana's Pro Teams, these award-winning shorts offer a highly-coveted balance of compressive support coupled with a barely-there feel that makes every movement on the bike feel natural and comfortable.
The shorts are constructed from Giordana's HC50 High Compression Power Lycra, which is a supercharged fabric that takes the previous generation's HC-44 Lycra to another level by providing added compression with a higher thread count. HC-50's ultra-compact knit is lighter and offers improved performance thanks to a higher compression rate that's typically only found only in heavier fabrics. Zaffiro 2.0, a textured anti-abrasion Lyrca, is utilized on the inner leg and seat panel as it increases the shorts' resistance to pedaling friction.
Our favorite feature might just be the 190 E leg cuffs. Giordana uses a soft, mesh-like elastic that expands for improved comfort with less restriction. This doesn't sacrifice the security of the fit though, as the taller 7.5cm cuff height and internal silicone grippers are more than enough to keep the shorts in place while pedaling.
We've always been proponents of Giordana's FormaRed fit, but the revised construction ups the ante even more by virtually eliminating creased and bunched fabrics throughout the pedal stroke. The top-tier Cirro OmniForm chamois utilizes varying thickness with plush cushioning in critical zones, and relief where you need it most. The face fabric utilizes a Nylon microfiber that incorporates Aloe Vera permanently infused into the threads for improved cooling and reduced odor accumulation. Underneath this fabric is an expanded memory foam layer with a waffled texture that aids in breathability and moisture management by moving perspiration to the outside of the shorts for quick evaporation.
- Pro level bib shorts bring performance and comfort to any ride
- Fabrics combine compressive support with a lightweight, soft feel
- Cirro OmniForm chamois is comfortable for many miles
- Construction reduces folding and bunching while pedaling
- Non-restrictive leg bands offer a comfortable, secure fit
- Strategic Core Contour System paneling helps fight fatigue
- Lightweight, lie-flat bib straps add support without bulk
- Abrastion-resistant Lycra on inner thighs and seat for durability
- Ametista fabric at waist for added comfort and support
- Crafted with care in Giordana's own Italian factory