FR-C Pro Astana Team Jersey
Three years before the black and blue British juggernaut entered the cycling world, one of the oldest teams in the peloton switched title sponsors from Liberty Seguras to Team Astana. This involved trading in the purple/blue color of the former for the sky blue and gold of Kazakhstan's national flag, giving the Giordana Men's FR-C Pro Astana Team Jersey the right to claim seniority as the first kit to bring sky to the peloton.
Aesthetics aside, the FR-C Pro is the same FormaRed Carbon (FR-C) model that we self-sponsored racers have been lining up in for years with one key difference: the Pro's fabrics are made to be printed on. This is typically hard to impossible for high-end materials, but Giordana earned a reputation as one of the best cycling clothing companies in the world because it views "hard to impossible" as a challenge, not a limitation. The brand clearly accepted the challenge, and the result is a printable jersey that's built for the pros but can inhabit anyone's kit drawer.
- The Astana version of Giordana's venerable FormaRed Carbon jersey
- 16-panel race design reduces material for a flap-free riding
- Paneling promotes stretch to maintain a low-profile fit
- Supportive rear panel stabilizes loaded pockets
- Light elastic keeps waistband and cuffs in place
- Collar lies flat while you're stretched out to the bars
- Ride essentials secured by a lip and a fourth, zippered pocket
- Reflective tabs help keep you visible on early morning or twilight rides