FR-C Pro Astana Team Bib Short
Love them or hate them, the World Tour Team from Kazakhstan, Team Astana, gets results. With Alexandr Vinokourov as General Manager, his intimate knowledge garnered during his professional cycling career, represented with his impressive palmarès, is installed in the team. What began as an almost Kazakh national team has now taken on an international flair with a strong squad deep in talent and the likes of stage race and classics threat Jakob Fuglsang, puncheur, Magnus Cort, and perennial all-arounder Luis Leon Sanchez. The team is known to rack up big training miles and animate any race and it counts on Giordana's FR-C Pro Astana Team Bib Short to keep them comfortable for those 6+ hour days on the bike.
Astana's bib shorts design is what we like to see in a team kit. With the exception of the leg cuffs and the bib straps, hidden by the jersey, of course, Astana's latest bibs are mostly black with some minimal sponsor branding distributed tastefully throughout. This gives the black shorts a stark contrast to the brightly colored turquoise and gold Astana jerseys that we think looks smart and makes the team easy to pick out in the peloton.
Besides the team branding, the Astana Team Bibs are basically the same as the FormaRed Carbon (FR-C) model with one key difference: they're made to be printed on. Printing on technical materials is difficult, but, Giordana's experience with creating custom clothing and working with professional teams gave it the experience to create the bibs. Pro-level fit, comfort, and features are the hallmark of the Astana FR-C Pro Bib Short.
- Giordana's pro-tier bib shorts as worn by Team Astana
- Paneling curves to map your body while in the riding position
- Cirro S chamois is the same insert trusted by Astana
- Construction reduces bunching, puckering, and wind-catching ridges
- Gently compressive Lycra supports muscles over hours-long rides
- Support and abrasion resistance in the waistband and seat panel
- Lightweight, breathable bib straps support the upper body
- Giordana's shorts and jerseys are made in the brand's own Italian factory