World Tour worthy.
Opinions about the World Tour Team from Kazakhstan, Team Astana, is somewhat polarizing among cycling fans. The Astana team was basically created for Alexandr Vinokourov, who now serves as its General Manager, and was a powerhouse during his own professional cycling career with a pretty impressive list of palmarès. He wasn't always an angel though, and we always have to think of his blood doping suspensions right there next to those do-or-die attacks that garnished all of those victories, and like him or not, he was exciting to watch. What began as an almost Kazakh national team has now taken on an international flair with a strong squad deep in talent and the likes of stage race specialist Jakob Fuglsang, classics boss Michael Valgren, and perennial all-arounder Luis Leon Sanchez. When it comes to racking up the big training miles and racing at the highest level, the team counts on Giordana Men's FR-C Pro Astana Team Bib Short to keep them comfortable for hours on end.
Astana's bib shorts are subtle in a good way and pretty much traditional compared to other team kits where bibs and jersey are typically the same hues. With the exception of the leg cuffs and bib, hidden by the jersey, of course, Astana's 2018 bibs are mostly black with minimal sponsor branding distributed tastefully throughout. This allows the black shorts to have a stark contrast to the brightly colored turquoise Astana jerseys that we think looks smart and makes the team easy to pick out in the peloton.
Besides the team branding, the Astana Team Bibs are basically the same as the FormaRed Carbon (FR-C) model with one key difference: they're made to be printed on. Printing on technical materials is difficult, but, Giordana's experience with creating custom clothing and working with professional teams gave it the experience to create the bibs. Pro-level fit, comfort, and features are the hallmark of the Astana FR-C Pro Bib Short.
- Giordana's pro-tier bib shorts as worn by Team Astana
- Paneling curves to map your body in the riding position
- Cirro S chamois is the same insert trusted by Astana
- Construction reduces bunching, puckering, and wind-catching ridges
- Gently compressive Lycra supports muscles over hours-long rides
- Support and abrasion resistance in waistband and seat panel
- Lightweight, breathable bib straps support the upper body
- Giordana's shorts and jerseys are made in the brand's own Italian factory