Item # GIO007D
Giordana Ceramic Short Sleeve Base Layer Women's $69.95
As with virtually everything it produces in its Italian factory, Giordana engineers the Ceramic Short Sleeve Women's Base Layer with levels of tech we don't typically see anywhere else in the industry. It's got the usual base layer qualities—a four panel body that maintains a slim fit—but the material pushes it into a realm beyond what we'd expect. Well, beyond what we'd expect from any brand not bearing the Giordana centaur logo on its chest.
Giordana's penchant for going above and beyond manifests in the Resistex Bioceramic, which is a synthetic microfiber blend that's fused with mineral bio-ceramic crystals. Giordana claims these crystals actually reflect external heat while working to maintain body temperatures. The result is that the material actively works to maintain thermal homeostasis, keeping your body in its comfort zone whether the weather is hot or cold or somewhere pleasantly in between.
- A versatile cycling base layer for use in most conditions
- Material blend maintains body temperature in hot and cold
- Four panel construction reduces bulk with a slim fit
View more Women's Short-Sleeve Base Layers
Gore Bike WearBase Layer WindStopper Lady Short-Sleeve Shirt - Women's
|Waist||23 - 25in
(58 - 64cm)
|25.5 - 27in
(65 - 69cm)
|27.5 - 29in
(70 - 74cm)
|29.5 - 31in
(75 - 79cm)
|Hips||33 - 34.5in
(83 - 88cm)
|35 - 36.5in
(89 - 93cm)
|37 - 39in
(94 - 99cm)
|40 - 42in
(102 - 107cm)
- Note: Giordana cycling apparel has a tight fit, do not expect a baggy or roomy fit.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
Reviews & Community
SOFT and great fit
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Small
This baselayer is incredibly soft. Which makes it so comfortable against my skin. That is my favorite part about it. The comfort of the fabric makes it easy to forget about on all day adventures. I've found it to work well on rides ranging from 30-60 degrees, with the correct layering. Baselayers are great for providing extra warmth, but also help your body regulate temperature on warmer days. I think they are a crucial, overlooked piece of your kit and this has become my go-to. Fit is true to other Giordana sizing.
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
I received this yesterday and wore it on my ride. It was 65F and it was too warm. I took it off it was damp but didnt make me feel wet just hot. I would reserve this for cooler days. The fabric is very soft and contours to body without being too tight. Sizing is true; I am 5'3 and 135 muscular build and it fits close to body but not skin tight. This is definitely a great addition to my collection.