Wallow in winter.
Giordana's water-resistant clothing has recently been hit with a big, environmentally friendly upgrade hammer in the form of the Acqua Zero Eco DWR treatment, and the AV Women's Bib Tight is one of the biggest beneficiaries. Giordana has dabbled in water-resistant bibs in the past, but the AV Bib Tights' all-over DWR and the addition of windproof paneling on the front effectively elevate "dabbling" to "wallowing," as in: The AV Women's Bib Tight represents the brand's most effectively weather-resistant bibs to date.
The tights consist primarily of two materials. The main body fabric is Acqua Zero Eco Roubaix, a classic, brushed thermal material whose improved DWR treatment is more effective than the previous treatment used on last year's G-Shield gear. It's also—as mentioned above and implied in the name—more eco-friendly. This thermal material is emboldened for winter cycling with overlaying panels of a windproof, breathable membrane on the tights' leading edges—thighs, knees, and upper shins.
The materials are assembled in a saddle-friendly pattern, which may not sit right on foot but disappears into second-skin status when you've clipped in and disembarked. Unlike the men's version, the women's AV Tights' bib straps are actually more of a zip-up vest, extending protection and a lightly compressive fit across the entire torso. If these tights provided lighter insulation, the additional torso protection would likely interfere with layering efforts; however, since they're built for extreme conditions, the increased core protection is a welcome addition.
The tights feature a similarly expansive application of reflective Pixel material, which maintains breathability while catching light—and, hopefully, the attention of other road users—at key areas of the tights. The tights are also finished with the same Omniform Cirro S-W chamois found in Giordana's summer-weight NX-G bib shorts, so the seasonal transition doesn't involve the usual unfortunate breaking-in period.
- Winter-grade bib tights for dedicated cyclists
- Eco-friendly DWR-treated thermal material maintains comfort
- Windproof panels on leading edges cut the winter chill
- Expansive bib strap design is more of a zip-up vest
- Features the same chamois as Giordana's summer race shorts
- Reflective accents help attract attention to increase safety
- Giordana has been defining the direction of innovation since it was founded in 1980
View more Women's Tights & Bib Tights
|Waist||23 - 25in
(58 - 64cm)
|25.5 - 27in
(65 - 69cm)
|27.5 - 29in
(70 - 74cm)
|29.5 - 31in
(75 - 79cm)
|Hips||33 - 34.5in
(83 - 88cm)
|35 - 36.5in
(89 - 93cm)
|37 - 39in
(94 - 99cm)
|40 - 42in
(102 - 107cm)
- Note: Giordana cycling apparel has a tight fit, do not expect a baggy or roomy fit.
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.