When it comes to winter training, some of us hang it up when temperatures drop below 35 degrees Fahrenheit, retreating to the trainer or the couch until the spring thaw makes the roads safe for thermal jerseys again. Others cling desperately to the ability to ride outside through necessity (the dedicated commuter) or through a deep-seated and entirely understandable fear of stationary cycling. Either way, the Giordana Men's AV 200 Winter Jacket has us covered because the more cold-tolerant among us can wear it alone into the 30s during high-intensity workouts while the winter warriors can add layers as needed in order to go even lower. It describes the happy medium between the trainer crowd and the dedicated winter roadies.
As the mid-weight entry in Giordana's numerical AV hierarchy, the AV 200 combines a windproof and water-resistant membrane across the chest and sleeves with panels of DWR-treated Thunderbike material across the back and in areas that aren't leading into the winter chill. That means the jacket's leading edges feature the same elemental protection as the heavier AV 300 Winter Jacket but the trailing edges breathe and dump excess heat like the lighter G-Shield jersey. This combination lets it serve as either a barometer to let you know when conditions are too extreme for outside riding or a shell for deep-winter layering.
Though Giordana calls it a jacket, the AV 200 is cut more like the breed of super jerseys that we've all been using to race in inclement conditions, a fit made even sleeker by the lack of the AV 300's insulation and the addition of high-stretch Thunderbike panels. The jacket eliminates excess flap and unneeded grams by sitting close through the torso, but it does extend at the collar and rear hem in order to offer more protection. It's finished with reflective details and storage options including three standard rear pockets and a zippered pocket on the side.
- A mid-weight cycling jacket appropriate for most of winter
- Windproof, water-resistant membrane on front panel
- Breathable, DWR-treated thermal fabric on the trailing edge
- Race-ready fit eliminates flapping material and belly bulge
- Drop hem and tall collar extend coverage
- Four pockets including a zippered side pocket
- Reflective details boost visibililty without hampering breathability
View more Men's Jackets
25 - 28in
(63.5 - 71cm)
28 - 32in
(71 - 81cm)
32 - 36in
(81 - 91cm)
36 - 40in
(91 - 101.5cm)
40 - 44in
(101.5 - 112cm)
37 - 38in
(94 - 96.5cm)
38 - 39in
(96.5 - 99cm)
40 - 42in
(101.5 - 106.5cm)
43 - 44in
(109 - 112cm)
45 - 46in
(114 - 117cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.