If your local climate or personal preference tends to favor milder winter rides or you're looking for a stellar late fall/early spring riding jacket, look no further than the AV-100 Jacket from Giordana. It will amaze you with its impressive warmth, especially from such a lightweight design, and its new and improved cut doesn't neglect an aerodynamic fit.
The AV-100 uses a lightweight material that's tightly knitted on the exterior to block wind and precipitation while providing a durable, nearly-rip proof surface. Underneath this, an internal membrane is backed with a thin layer of nylon to keep the weight of the jacket low also protecting the membrane. To ensure that the jacket keeps your microclimate comfortable, the back panel of Thunderbike fabric is super breathable, allowing excess heat to easily escape, and it features a water repellant Acqua Zero Eco treatment keeping road spray and raindrops from soaking through.
Giordana's seriousness in keeping the elements out and comfort in extends to its external zipper flap and gusseted rear pockets complete with drainage holes. Additionally, those pockets feature a lip to keep articles in over rough roads. Lastly, because wet and cold conditions often accompany low light, a pixel reflective tail, as well as a reflective panel stripe at the chest and on the armband, increases visibility to other road users.
- A jacket blending jersey-like weight with weather protection
- Newly improved cut provides an aerodynamic fit while in the saddle
- Stretchy, water-resistant softshell blocks rain and wind
- Lighter back panels maintain breathability
- Three rear pockets stash your ride essentials
- Reflective Pixel tail and chest stripe help you stay visible on the roads