When you're after rigid support without the carbon fiber price tag, look to the FSA SL-K Stem. This rigid stem combines 3D forging with CNC machining to capture stiffness near the same levels you'd find with carbon and titanium, all the while keeping the weight as low as possible. The stem is built with 2014 aluminum, and uses a process that starts with one ingot of aluminum that is bored out and shaped internally; ultimately improving the aluminum's grain structure, eliminating the use of welds, and drastically reducing weight. The benefits to you are a heightened stiffness, with weight comparable to carbon fiber, at a considerably lower cost. To maintain the flow of weight savings, the SL-K uses a carbon fiber face plate with chromoly hardware.
- A stiff and rigid stem without the carbon-fiber price
- 3D forging elevates strength and shaves excess material
- High-tech CNC machining makes for precise construction
- 2014 aluminum is high-strength and featherweight
- Carbon-fiber face plate offers a lightweight finish
- Chromoly steel hardware is reliable and strong