Taking a giant leap forward in performance and control, the FOX 40 Float 29 203 Grip 2 Factory Boost Fork boasts an innovative Fit Grip 2 Damper,along with Variable Valve Control with high/low-speed compression and high/low-speed rebound adjustment, lower friction seals than before, as well as greater support with a revised mid-valve design.
The biggest story with the Grip 2 damper lies in the Variable Valve Control, which gives you four separate knobs to independently tune the high/low-speed compression and high/low-speed rebound. Giving you the additional high-speed rebound damping circuit helps to control how fast you'd like the fork to rebound after taking a bigger hit, so you can better prepare for bike park days and scintillating descents where you'll be maxing out your fork's travel. On the high/low-speed compression side of things, there's a bit larger range in tunability, so you can precisely dial in you level of support without any harshness detracting from your ride.
The Grip 2 has a lower friction level for improved small-bump sensitivity and heightened traction on rugged trails through using low-friction seals alongside their buttery-smooth Kashima coating. Then, the mid-valve design in the Grip 2 damper makes the fork resist brake dive when you're coming in hot and need to scrub some speed before leaning into a berm or rolling down a steep rock line. This model also uses FOX's EVOL air spring, which has increased negative spring volume for better traction and higher levels of small-bump compliance when you're riding over rocks and roots. It's available specifically for 29ers with its 52-millimeter offset, which helps to mitigate the floppy front end of a longer travel 29er by making handling a bit more nimble at lower speeds. You'll find it's in BOOST spacing for added stiffness and clears 29-inch tires up to 2.5 inches wide if you'd like to run wide trail tires.
- Enduro fork travels from the bike park to the World Cup circuit
- 203mm of plush, supportive travel for enduro and all-mountain
- Grip 2 damper with Variable Valve Control over HSC/LSC and HSR/LSR
- Separately tune high/low-speed compression, high/low-speed rebound
- Updated mid-valve design increases support for reduced brake dive
- Kashima coating and EVOL air spring for small-bump compliance
- Low-friction seals achieve a more sensitive feel over bumps
- 52mm offset makes low-speed handling quicker for 29ers