Why We Like The 38 Float 27.5 Grip 2 Performance Elite Boost Fork
There are many paths we could take when describing the Fox 38 Float 27.5 Grip 2 Performance Elite Boost Fork. Some of our riders have described it as rugged, others as tenacious and hungry. But so many forks have been characterized with such verbiage before, and these traits begin to feel common over time, especially in a market flooded with forks. When we really get down to the nitty gritty, Fox's latest fork feels like a component beyond other forks, developed through applied science and refinement.
Most will notice the Float's oversized 38mm stanchions that support an elliptical-shaped steerer tube, as well as a rugged crown and arch to provide the chassis with maximum strength for a more comfortable ride. As you pound the trail, the fork's floating axle design compensates for imperfections in hub tolerance, ensuring each side of the lowers is aligned to minimize friction through travel. Beyond the redesigned chassis, the Fox 38 comes packed with other tech to make your ride incredibly smooth. Special air bleeder valves, for instance, allow air to migrate through the fork as it compresses and extends, and the airflow is channeled to draw oil to the bushings for superior lubrication. The damper gets an upgrade as well, with Variable Valve Control changing the fulcrum of leverage on the shims, reducing initial threshold to overcome spring tension and giving a smoother blow off. All of these feats make the Fox 38 more than just a beefy 36, and instead transform it into something along the lines of a mini 40 with powerful damping and support on the trail.
- A burly trail fork built for aggressive enduro performance
- Floating axle eliminates unwanted friction by aligning the lowers
- Leg bleeders equalize air pressure to improve ride quality
- Lower leg arch features enhanced stiffness without adding weight
- Revised GRIP 2 damper provides a smoother and faster response
- EVOL technology increases negative air spin volume
- Black anodized stanchions deliver a sleek look to your steed