38 Float 27.5 Grip 2 Factory Boost Fork
Driven by the needs of the world's hardest-hitting enduro athletes, the Fox 38 Float Factory boasts the stiffest chassis and smoothest travel you'll likely ever find in a single-crown fork. Offered in 160 - 180mm travel options, the 38 Float replaces the 36 as Fox's flagship enduro fork, with the 36 being relegated to aggressive trail bike duty with a maximum travel option of 160mm.
Along with its oversize 38mm stanchions, the fork features a unique elliptical-shaped steerer tube along with a beefed-up crown and arch. These design elements work together to minimize flex in the fork's chassis when you're barreling down fast straightaways and plowing through rocks and roots. Simply put, the fork holds its line better and provides a boost of confidence when the trail gets seriously rough. The 38 also uses a new floating axle design that compensates for imperfections in hub tolerance, ensuring each side of the lowers is perfectly aligned to minimize binding and friction as the fork moves through its travel.
Aside from the chassis updates the Fox 38 comes with a host of other useful new features. Special lower leg channels increase air volume while actively distributing oil to the seals and bushings to keep things running smoothly. Bleed buttons on these channels are there to release unwanted air build-up, and also to compensate for changes in pressure caused by drastic elevation changes. The damper also gets an update, with Variable Valve Control being added to the high-speed compression circuit (previous models had VVC in the rebound circuit only). This allows the damper to respond at a variable rate that matches each different type of bump or hit, giving you the best possible feel across a wide range of terrain.
- Fox's burly new fork for long-travel enduro bikes
- Stout new chassis charges hard without flexing
- Floating axle reduces binding by perfectly aligning the lowers
- Bleed buttons equalize air pressure to preserve sensitivity
- Lower leg channels help keep your bushings and seals lubricated
- Revised GRIP 2 damper provides a smoother and faster response
- Durable Kashima coating reduces friction
- Equipped with mounting bosses for Fox's new direct-mount fender