Why We Like The 36E Float 27.5 Grip 2 Factory Boost Fork
Most riders have used FOX's 36 Float Fork in one iteration or another since they were first released in 2005, but each redesign brings meaningful tweaks and modifications. With its stiff chassis and extremely smooth damping, the overhauled 36E Float 27.5 Grip 2 Factory Boost Fork makes quick work of chattery trails and kicker ramps alike, all without breaking a sweat.
The latest fork features air bleed ports that allow you to equalize air pressure after large changes in elevation, from riding chairlifts up the mountain to hitting the high desert with friends. From there, the lower leg channels now provide better circulation of lower leg oil to the upper tube and seals, resulting in a smoother ride over varied terrain. FOX added a proprietary fender that reduces wheel spray, so you don't have zip tie components to your ride, and every ounce of weight was shaved from the bridge to lighten the load. Floating-axle technology was adopted from the brand's DH fork to lock in spacing via a floating sleeve, allowing for quick wheel removal and reinstallation while maintaining alignment.
Hop in the saddle, and you'll enjoy the buttery smooth ride thanks to FOX's Grip 2 damper that fine-tunes the suspension with the twist of a knob, and works in tandem with EVOL air springs to increase negative air spring volume. The result of all these tiny adjustments? A stock fork that holds firm no matter where the trail takes you.
- A redesigned fork for confident downhill riding and enduro racing
- Lower leg arch provides ample headtube clearance at full compression
- Lower leg bleeders allow for atmospheric pressure equalization
- Grip 2 damper with Variable Valve Control over HSC/LSC and HSR/LSR
- New lower leg channels reduce air pressure for improved operation
- Kashima coating and EVOL air spring enhance small-bump sensitivity
- Low-friction seals achieve a more sensitive feel over bumps