Why We Like The 36 Float 27.5 FIT4 Factory Boost Fork
When we're barreling through chunky, technical terrain, the impressively-stiff 36mm stanchions of this fork keep from bucking us every which way. A friction-reducing Kashima coating makes for a more sensitive, smoother, and durable design than the stanchions on FOX's less expensive forks. This particular model employs FOX's Fit4 damper with 3-position adjustment, which lets us switch between Open, Medium, and Firm settings on a whim, matching the compression tune to the demands of our ride.
A revised tune and reconfigured shim stack make the Fit4 damper a bit more sensitive than its predecessors, soaking up smaller variances in terrain and bumps along the way. This means it's easier to swap volume spacers to boost the progressive feel and make changes simple, so you can ride the fork just how you want it. This is especially welcome for those of us taking DH runs and park laps who don't want harsh transitions or bottoming out.
- Charge through the rubble with FOX's beefy enduro fork
- Float air spring with EVOL takes on small bumps
- Reconfigured damper has greater sensitivity to variances on trail
- Fit4 damper with 3-position adjust: Open, Medium, Firm
- 22-clicks of low-speed compression in Open mode
- 36mm stanchions are robust and stiff for reliable tracking
- Kashima coating keeps things buttery smooth and durable