36 Float 27.5 180 Grip 2 Factory Boost Fork
Fox already has great success with their aggressive 36-series forks. They set the benchmark for what a single-crown fork is capable of, smoothing-out technical lines and consistently making it to the top step of enduro podiums. The engineers at Fox are never willing to settle though, so the 2019 version of this fork sees some updates that increase adjustability and improve overall performance.
The biggest change is the new GRIP2 damper, now offering 4-way adjustability in the form of high and low speed rebound and compression. High-speed rebound was not available on previous models, but Fox made it possible by the addition of Variable Valve Control technology. Variable Valve Control uses a leaf spring to alter valve flex in the high-speed rebound circuit, instead of just adding preload like other forks. This is effectively like re-valving your fork but instead of disassembling the fork you simply have to turn a rebound adjustment knob, pretty neat if you ask us.
Fox updated the mid-valve design as well, giving better support to the compression damping circuit. The on-trail manifestation of this change is better mid-stroke support, helping the fork resist diving when you grab the brakes on steep descents. Fox claims they are able to achieve this without making the fork feel harsh, and based on the universal praise from critics, we aren't going to challenge that claim.
The last performance-related update are the new fork seals, which are a lower-friction design. The seals work in conjunction with the buttery-smooth Kashima coating and the higher negative volume EVOL air spring to provide unmatched small-bump compliance, giving you the smoothest suspension action to date.
- Charge enduro lines with Fox's longest-travel single-crown fork
- GRIP2 damper has 4-way adjustability with wider compression range
- Variable Valve Control allows high-speed rebound adjustment
- Better mid-valve support resists brake dive without being harsh
- Updated seal design reduces friction for a smoother ride
- Air spring adds negative air volume improving small-bump compliance
- Kashima coating further reduces friction and improves durability
- Now available in 180mm travel and gloss orange paint scheme