Why We Like The 34 Float 29 FIT4 Factory Boost Fork
We reckon the FOX 34 Float is the most popular fork on the trails. Built for mid-travel trail bikes, this fork is simple to adjust and with Kashima coating offers smooth, low-friction performance. With 3 stellar ride modes dialed in by FOX, we can easily flick a switch before an extended uphill or descent, and keep it right in the middle setting when we're doing our fun local cross-country loop.
Fox has installed a newly machined crown that decreases the weight all while adding a slight bit of stiffness to the ride. New lower leg bleed channels also help with the ride progression, letting excess air escape into hollowed-out channels instead of compromising ride quality. A larger air spring keeps the suspension running smoothly too, so the fork is less susceptible to heat and atmospheric change. With all that tech, we can't help but throw the fork on and enjoy every single rock, drop, gap, and root our trail system has to offer.
- Top-of-the-line trail fork with Fox's FIT4 damper
- Equal parts light and stiff for modern trail bikes
- New model increases stiffness further with a better arch design
- FIT4 damper offers a 3-position lever to adjust the compression rate
- Float EVOL spring allows for more air and better progression
- Kashima coating last longer and offers lower friction