Cut trail teeth.
The Ranger Shorts are among Fox Racing's most popular items because they're the shorts that so many of us cut our own trail teeth on. For 2018, Fox improved the formula, updating fit and pushing the fabric into a new realm of stretch and durability. The result is a more pedal-friendly platform that's still every bit as happy to tackle trails from Vancouver's famed North Shore to Moab's rocky mesas.
The Ranger still sits right at the knee, with ample room to pedal and stretch out without it being baggy like a gravity-specific short, but the waist is updated with an external adjustment strap in the front. That fit is now easier to dial on the fly, even if you can only spare one hand for waistband fiddling.
Despite the changes, a few things return. Fox's Rider Attack Position (RAP) construction—though updated here—is patterned to promote fluid movements while pedaling and descending, ensuring you're flexible while riding across technical terrain. The Ranger Shorts also still include a detachable liner with the same EVO chamois for a plush, shock-absorbing feel across jarring bumps and rugged outcroppings.
- Mountain bike shorts for trail days the world over
- Updated RAP fit further enhances pedaling and movement
- High-stretch body material keeps your days restriction-free
- Pockets for trail essentials and the all-important snack
- Removable liner with chamois lets you decide how deep you want to go