While the Ranger is available in short-fingered and gel-free models, the Ranger Gel Gloves represent the most protective, most comfort-minded option in the line. They combine full finger coverage (crucial on tight trails lined with grasping brush) with pockets of gel padding that help absorb trail abuse travelling up through the bike.
The fingers are finished with silicone printing and thermally conductive panels, so they help keep you in touch with the brake levers while you're barreling over chunky terrain but won't impede touchscreen phone operation when you're capturing the view from the top.
- The most protective version of Fox's favorite trail gloves
- Gel palm padding takes the sting out of chattering singletrack
- High-stretch polyester construction for a low-profile fit
- Long fingers add coverage against grasping branches
- Compression cuff maintains a secure fit
- Soft wiping surface on thumb mops up, you know, stuff
- Textured fingertips grip brake levers and are touchscreen compatible
View more Men's Long Finger Mountain Bike Gloves
|Hand Length||7.2 - 7.4in
|7.4 - 7.6in
|7.6 - 7.9in
|7.9 - 8.1in
|8.1 - 8.3in
|8.3 - 8.6in
8.6 - 8.8in
|US Men's Shoe Size||5-8||9-13|
- How to Measure:
- Measure around the fullest part of the hand not including the thumb. If you're right handed, use your right hand and vice versa.
- Socks are measured in US Men's shoe sizes.
Reviews & Community
Fox Racing Ranger Gel Glove
As an employee we get decent deals on most products and my go to MTB gloves have always been Fox... right amount of padding and ventilation. hard to go wrong with these
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
- Fit: True to size
Perfect amount of padding and lightweight material. I will buy again once these wear out but they aren't showing much sign of doing that anytime soon.
Crap Quality With A Decent Design/Fit
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: True to size
- Size Bought: Medium
This is my second pair of Fox Racing gloves and while the fit is pretty decent the quality has been absolutely abysmal. On the first pair (a regular fox ranger glove) the velcro strap came off on first use. I literally put them on for a fit test and when I went to undo the velcro the whole thing just ripped off. On the second pair (the gel version for which I'm writing the review) I put them on for a fit test and noticed the thumb section is separating from the palm section. There was a nice hole and I could see my hand through it.
As far as the fit goes (assuming you're willing to take a chance on these) I would say I have smaller hands and typically wear a small or medium. These fit pretty well but are a tiny bit long at the end of the fingers. Otherwise they fit great and would probably be a good glove.
If you're looking for padding they seem to have a decent amount that probably wouldn't ruin handlebar feel but I think the Giros do a better job of protecting your pinky finger and edge of the hand.
BEST PADDED GLOVE FOR THE PRICE
I WORE THESE ON MY XC RACE IN APRIL. HANDS WERE VERY COMFORTABLE AND RELAXED. PADDING FITS GOOD