It's DH light.
The Fox Racing Demo FR is the freeride version of the Demo DH downhill short, meaning it features the same race-proven design as its rowdier DH cousin. Rather than focusing on maxed out ruggedness that DH kit requires, Fox turned its attention to all-day ride comfort when choosing materials.
To take down the intensity of the Demo, Fox traded in its 600D-polyester main body fabric and replaced it with a less aggressive four-way stretch polyester engineered to yield to your body movements more than sustain epic spills. The fabric keeps moisture from getting trapped while you pedal, drawing it to the surface to evaporate.
An adjustable front ratchet closure replaces pop-prone buttons as the front closure system, giving you freedom to adjust the waist to a size that will stay in place as you're pedaling. Plus, the whole short is cut on the platform of Fox's Rider Attack Position (RAP), meaning it'll fit best when you're rallying through a destructive line chasing seconds on your competitors. Roomy snack pockets and well-placed mesh leg vents round out the efficient design.
- Freeride short designed for comfort no matter the terrain
- Stretchy polyester cut in a relaxed silhouette to move with you
- Ratchet front closure allows for a secure, customized fit
- Mesh leg vents and moisture-wicking fabric keep you cool
- Roomy pockets provide space to stash bonk-preventing fuel
View more Men's Baggy Bike Shorts
(81.3 - 83.8cm)
(86.4 - 88.9cm)
(91.4 - 96.5cm)
(101.6 - 106.7cm)
(111.8 - 116.8cm)
(121.9 - 127.0cm)
|52.0 - 54.0in|
(132.1 - 137.2cm)
(80.0 - 82.5cm)
(82.5 - 85.1cm)
(85.1 - 87.6cm)
(87.6 - 90.2cm)
(90.2 - 92.7cm)
(90.2 - 92.7cm)
(66.0 - 71.1cm)
(71.1 - 76.2cm)
(78.7 - 83.8cm)
(86.4 - 91.4cm)
(96.5 - 101.6cm)
(106.7 - 111.8cm)
(116.8 - 121.9cm)
(76.2 - 77.5cm)
(77.5 - 78.7cm)
(78.7 - 80.0cm)
(80.0 - 81.3cm)
(81.3 - 82.5cm)
(81.3 - 82.5cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure under your arms, around the fullest part of your chest.
- Natural Waist:
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Measure around the fullest part of your body at the top of your legs.
- Using pants that fit well, measure the crotch seam to the bottom of the leg.
Reviews & Community
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: Runs large
Bought a pair of these on a whim. Great freeride fit. Perfect length to wear with knee pads and a burly feeling material. Its a little heavy so maybe not the best for long hot summer rides but perfect for the bike park, chairlift riding, shuttles, or shorter rides. They feel like they will withstand some crashes.
Another great feature are the pockets. I love pockets. I hate that bike shorts don't have pockets. These have 2 hand pockets, both zippered, and then one thigh pocket on the left leg, also zippered.
One thing I don't love about them is the waist closure. there is a zipper fly like normal, but then instead of a button or snap they use a ratchet system.
The fit is a little large. I am pretty much always a 34 and on these I have them all the way tightened down, could probably manage to go down a size.