Light, affordable, and comfortable don't always come in the same package, but Fi'zi:k managed to bring them together under the banner of the Aliante R3 K:ium Saddle. A favorite of road and 'cross riders for years, the R3 uses more affordable materials but much of the same technology as Fizik's top-end R1. If you, and not your team, are footing the bill for your upgrades this season, consider replacing your ill-fitting saddle with the Aliante R3.Like its pricier R1 sibling, the R3 comes built with a dual-layer TwinFlex shell, which consists of a stiffer outer layer handling power transfer and a forgiving center that flexes slightly for long-ride comfort. Though the R3's TwinFlex is made from nylon and fiberglass, as opposed to the carbon of the R1, most self-sponsored cyclists will likely find the modest difference in flex offset by the R3's more accessible price. Supporting all of it, Fizik's proprietary K:ium rails provide a durable, impressively light platform for seasons of hard riding. The mysterious titanium alloy sheds weight over solid titanium alone, and boasts a significantly higher strength-to-weight ratio than aluminum.
- Get a comfortable, light saddle without emptying your wallet
- Made for less flexible Bull riders within Fizik's Spine Concept
- Fiberglass-injected nylon shell blends flex with responsiveness
- K:ium rails deliver impressive stiffness and low weight
- Easy-to-clean Microtex cover protects saddle's internals