The Five Ten Hellcat has been the shoe of choice for everyone from world-class enduro racers to weekend warriors for years now, and thankfully, the classic shoe isn't going anywhere. Updated this year with a lighter, more streamlined design, the Hellcat still caters to indecisive riders who might clip in for a mellow day on smooth flow trails, but leave the flats on for burlier days in the desert. It also makes for an ideal first mountain shoe if you have the goal of going clipless someday.
When you're staring down a boulder-laced rock garden with white knuckles, the Hellcat's Stealth C4 Dotty sole will stick to your flat pedals cleanly as you sit back and let your suspension get to work, without making you regret leaving your two-bolt pedals at home. The dual-density TPU shaft that runs through three quarters of the sole lends stiffness and stability as you're standing through a descent and delivers reliable power transfer when you reach the bottom of a roller and start digging your way up and over the other side.
- Change your mind mid-ride with this adaptable mountain shoe
- Inset clip zone accommodates 2-bolt mountain pedals
- Outsole doesn't compromise stability when riding on flat pedals
- Sticky Stealth C4 Dotty compound grips in wet or dry conditions
- TPU shank adds stiffness with enough flex for hiking
- Lace-up closure and hook-and-loop strap provide secure fit
View more Men's Mountain Bike Shoes
|US Men||US Women||Euro||UK||CM|
Reviews & Community
unsure about clips or flats
- Familiarity: I've used it several times
- Fit: True to size
I bought this show becasue ive always been a flat rider and decided to branch out of the comfort zone a little and try clipless while they do both well i do occasionally miss my normal flat shoes. i do get more grip with my flats over these which makes sense. but I also enjoy the capability of being able to ride clipless if i choose. i also enjoy the stiffer shoe over my flats.