Freerider Contact Cycling Shoe
If the Freerider Contact Shoes look and feel like an old friend, that's because Five Ten based its design on an updated version of the VXi chassis. The big change from VXi to Contact is the addition of toe protection in the latter the equivalent of ensconcing your little piggies in a brick house instead of just the synthetic leather of the VXi. With this additional armor, the Contact's capabilities encompass a bit more of the DH spectrum while also improving the outcomes of mishandled landings.
The sole's flat metatarsal section of Stealth Rubber carries over from the VXi to the Contact, giving you secure grip on flat pedals that still allows you to freely reposition your feet similar to road pedals with a high degree of float. The durable, synthetic uppers and mesh ventilation also return, making for shoes that rock the park, cruise the DH circuit, and clean lines across all manner of all-mountain riding.
- Mountain biking shoes for everything from downhill to enduro rides
- Burly synthetic upper resists wear and tear and offers toe protection
- Lace closure system puts the fit in your hands
- Mesh ventilation allows for breathable comfort on hot days
- Stealth Mi6 rubber outsole absorbs shock and adds easy pedal placement