Punching well above its weight.
The Fi'zi:k Men's X5 Terra Cycling Shoe provides the micro-adjustable fit, efficient pedaling platform, and robust durability you've come to expect from Fi'zi:k's premium cycling shoes, but without taking a big hit to your wallet, especially when you're upgrading your bike for the upcoming season or saving up for a trip to an iconic riding destination. We'd recommend the X5 Terra to cross-country racers on a budget, everyday trail riders, and gravel riders desiring the best value in an off-road cycling shoe.
It comes in two versions, either this particular model with synthetic Microfiber or a slightly more expensive version of natural suede uppers. You'll find this synthetic-based version retains its shape better over time and is more durable from abrasion, albeit without the ultra-supple feel people have come to love from genuine suede shoes.
The Boa L6 dial tightens the uppers to your exact liking, plus there's a lower strap to keep your forefoot securely held in place under power. Delving under the shoe, you'll find a co-injected sole of carbon and TPU, which provides an ideal blend of pedaling efficiency and flex, seeing you'll be dismounting over technical trail sections and walking your bike more than in a racier shoe. Aggressive traction lugs full encompass the sole, so you'll have confidence-inspiring grip, regardless if the trail is comprised of slickrock, packed dirt, or thick mud.
- Affordable trail shoe with premium fit and feel
- Microtex synthetic upper is durable and retains shape
- Laser-perforated holes along upper for cooling airflow
- Boa L6 dial closure provides a micro-adjustable fit
- Lower hook-and-loop strap secures your forefoot down
- Co-injected sole of carbon and nylon for efficiency
- Aggressive traction lugs maintain non-slip grip