Fizik's R4B Uomo Boa Shoes may not have a full carbon sole like its more expensive siblings, but it includes the same sleek Microtex upper and is actually even more customizable in fit. The fit comes courtesy of a longer top opening and an extra strap over the toe box, allowing for targeted volume around the sensitive metatarsal areas but a snug fit on the mid foot and above.
The shoe's Boa IP1-A closure system also pulls the upper across the foot rather than from both sides, relieving pressure without sacrificing security. While we won't be surprised to see this asymmetric design eventually appear across Fizik's shoe line, only the top-tier R1B Uomo currently features a similar construction.
- Mid-range cycling shoe inspired by Fizik's top-tier designs
- BOA dial and hook-and-loop straps provide customizable fit
- Perforated Microtex upper blends durability with flexible comfort
- Carbon-injected synthetic sole delivers reliable power transfer
- Molded heel cup and insole for maximum pedaling efficiency