Item # FIZ003R
Fi'zi:k R4B Uomo Boa Shoe - Men's $199.95
Fizik's R4B Uomo Boa Shoes may not have a full carbon sole like its more expensive siblings, but it includes the same sleek Microtex upper and is actually even more customizable in fit. The fit comes courtesy of a longer top opening and an extra strap over the toe box, allowing for targeted volume around the sensitive metatarsal areas but a snug fit on the mid foot and above.
The shoe's Boa IP1-A closure system also pulls the upper across the foot rather than from both sides, relieving pressure without sacrificing security. While we won't be surprised to see this asymmetric design eventually appear across Fizik's shoe line, only the top-tier R1B Uomo currently features a similar construction.
- Mid-range cycling shoe inspired by Fizik's top-tier designs
- BOA dial and hook-and-loop straps provide customizable fit
- Perforated Microtex upper blends durability with flexible comfort
- Carbon-injected synthetic sole delivers reliable power transfer
- Molded heel cup and insole for maximum pedaling efficiency
View more Men's Road Bike Shoes
|EU||UK||US MEN||US WOMEN||CM|
Reviews & Community
(Just got a pair). Has anyone experienced issues with Shimano SH11 cleats not engaging with SPD-SL (ultegra) pedals with these shoes ?
For the life of me, I cannot clip in. This is when trying new and old cleats (from old Specialized shoes), with different levels of spring tension. Are the Fizik outsoles shaped slightly differently from all other shoes ? Never experienced this in any other previous shoe (shimano / specialized)
How does the sizing compare for those switching from Specialized BG road shoes (comp/expert) ? Is it like for like ?
(answering own question) - Go for EURO sizing match. Specialized 11.5US matches Fizik 11US.
Not for everyone!
- Familiarity: I returned this product before using it
- Fit: Runs small
- Size Bought: 44
I have a pair of the original R3 Uomo (sail cloth closures/mesh uppers), which I absolutely love. These were the first shoes that my feet felt truly comfortable in . I've owned all the top brands throughout my 25+ yrs of riding & racing (SIDI, Shimano, SWorks...you name it). These new Fizik are quite different though!
1. They are much narrower in the toe box, strangely size 44 was noticeably smaller than my R3 Uomo, 44.5 was a closer fit with 45 being a hair too long.
2. Not nearly as stiff ,and I realize that they are not a full carbon sole, like the R3 Uomo, but I could feel them flex under my weight on a carpeted floor.
3. Also the cleat holes are placed in a rather curious position, making it impossible to position the pedal spindle just slightly behind the largest metatarsal ball. I've never had an issue with accomplishing this on any other shoe.
I must point out that the floating cleat plate has now been replaced by a statically positioned one, which in all likelihood contributed to the above anomaly.
As we all know shoes and saddles are subjective to each rider's physical characteristics, and what did not work for me may be ideal for smaller sized riders. After all these shoes are impeccably made and fit beautifully over the foot...just not my cup of tea!
What is the "injected carbon composite" outsole? Is there a stiffness index to compare with the carbon R3B?
Comfortable yet stiff enough shoe
- Familiarity: I've used it once or twice and have initial impressions
- Fit: True to size
Most comfortable of the Fizik line that I tried (R1 & R3) The R4 has a wider toe box it seems and the asymmetric upper reduces pressure on the top of my foot. Wore specialized for years but am now firmly a Fizik fan.