Item # FIZ006E
Fi'zi:k Link R3 Snake Bib Short $180.54
Made for you.
Fizik's spine-focused approach to saddle design has made its lithe, minimal shelves stand out for years amongst more generic offerings. Taking rider's biomechanics into consideration and developing saddles that fit riders' builds as they are has meant that Fizik users don't have to suffer through long break-in periods or push through pain to ride with a high-end saddle. With the firm's mastery at sit-bone comfort, we aren't surprised that Fizik turned its attention to the piece of kit that has the next-greatest impact on ischial comfort with a line of bib shorts. If you're a self-sponsored athlete and haven't been graced with team kit for the season just yet, consider the Link R3 Snake Bib Short.
Designed to be used with the Snake-friendly Arione Regular and Arione Large saddles, the R3 Snake works best for cyclists with highly flexible spines. Placing most of your weight on your sit bones and reaching the handlebars without needing to rotate your pelvis are common attributes of Snake riders, and the R3 Snake's insert's cushioning is arranged to complement that aggressive riding position. Fizik starts with the exact same 8mm foam core in the R3 Snake's insert as it does in the top-end R1, providing riders with the same base cushioning, then adopting a slightly thinner design for the more affordable R3. Featuring only a single channel through the center of the insert and uniform padding on either side, the R3 Snake helps relieve the limited pressure that Snake riders place on the saddle when riding.
A soft, breathable cover sits between the chamois' internals and you as you ride, ensuring the insert moves with you as you stand to finish a climb or tuck into the drops. The R3's subtle stitching and slightly thinner silhouette are the main features that set it apart from the R1's more plush, completely welded models, though the subtle differences hardly result in a significant sacrifice in comfort for riders accustomed to comparable mid-tier kit from other brands.
As the more affordable sibling of the top-of-the-line R1, the R3 certainly doesn't behave like the more budget-friendly option that it is. Made with a stretchy, supportive Lycra blend and cleanly cut bib straps, the Link R3 offers a fit and feel that isn't necessarily a step down at all from the woven blend of the R1. If you enjoy the mobility of Lycra and its stabilizing fit, you may very well prefer the R3's construction to its pro-level counterpart's.
- Tailor your kit to your body with this semi-custom short
- Snake profile suits riders with highly flexible spines best
- Supportive nylon and elastane blend stabilizes muscles
- Form-fitting cut is expertly tailored
- Mid-tier chamois includes a soft cover and plush foam core
- Clean, lie-flat bib straps cut for a riding position
- Leg grippers gently hold short in-place without chafing
- Made to pair with Fizik's Antares and Antares Large saddles
View more Men's Bib Shorts
< 5ft 9in
5ft 8in - 6ft 1in
(173 - 183cm)
6ft - 6ft 3in
(179 - 189cm)
6ft 2in - 6ft 5in
(185 - 195cm)
6ft 4in - 6ft 7in
(191 - 201cm)
32 - 34in
(81 - 88cm)
34 - 36.5in
(88 - 95cm)
36.5 - 39in
(95 - 103cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Inseam length refers to the inside leg seam of the bib-shorts.
- IF YOU ARE BETWEEN SIZES, EITHER:
- CHOOSE THE SMALLER SIZE FOR A RACING FIT OR
- CHOOSE THE LARGER SIZE FOR A MORE COMFORTABLE FIT.