Item # FIZ006C
Fi'zi:k Link R3 Bull Bib Short - Men's $140.00
Fizik has a long history with successfully using spinal flexibility as a factor in saddle design with its semi-custom line of saddles shaped to suit riders' biomechanics, rather than asking riders to make a saddle shape work for them. The Bull, Chameleon, and Snake distinctions are well-known and respected, so it only makes sense that as its next project, Fizik would address the part of kit that comes in contact with the saddle the most. The resulting Link R3 bib shorts includes its own Bull, Chameleon, and Snake inserts shaped to integrate with their corresponding saddles. If you've long struggled with inflexibility and putting significant pressure on the saddle as you turn the pedals, the Bull is your answer.
Instead of sitting atop the right saddle in a bib short whose cushioning is never quite in the right place, you'll ride in a complete system customized to fit your body with the R3 Bull and Aliante saddle. As the more affordable sibling of the top-of-the-line R1, the R3 certainly doesn't behave like the more budget-friendly option that it is. Made with a stretchy, supportive Lycra blend, the Link R3 offers a fit and feel that isn't necessarily a step down at all from the woven blend of the R1. If you value the mobility of Lycra and its stabilizing fit, you may very well prefer the R3's construction to its pro-level counterpart's.
In terms of chamois design, Fizik took a close, highly detailed look at materials and construction when customizing each insert. Rather than starting with the same platform for each, Fizik fine-tuned density and weight of cushioning from the ground up for each insert. In the case of the Bull, that includes deep groove across the two panels of the insert. The grooves maintain consistent airflow and serve as miniature pressure relief channels that aim to offset the added pressure that less flexible riders put on the saddle. A soft, breathable cover sits between the chamois' internals and you, ensuring it moves with you as you shift in the saddle. The R3's subtle stitching and slightly thinner silhouette are the main features that set it apart from the R1's completely welded models, though weekend warriors and riders who don't follow aggressive training schedules are unlikely to notice the sacrifice.
- Adapt your bib shorts to your body with this new offering
- Bull shape developed for riders with inflexible spines
- Form-fitting silhouette is expertly cut
- Nylon and elastane blend provides support and stability
- Clean, fitted bib straps follow your riding position
- Leg grippers gently hold legs in place without pinching
- Made for use with Fizik's Aliante Regular and Large saddles
View more Men's Bib Shorts
< 5ft 9in
5ft 8in - 6ft 1in
(173 - 183cm)
6ft - 6ft 3in
(179 - 189cm)
6ft 2in - 6ft 5in
(185 - 195cm)
6ft 4in - 6ft 7in
(191 - 201cm)
32 - 34in
(81 - 88cm)
34 - 36.5in
(88 - 95cm)
36.5 - 39in
(95 - 103cm)
- How to Measure:
- For best results, take measurements over your underwear.
- Measure around your natural waistline, keeping the tape a bit loose.
- Inseam length refers to the inside leg seam of the bib-shorts.
- IF YOU ARE BETWEEN SIZES, EITHER:
- CHOOSE THE SMALLER SIZE FOR A RACING FIT OR
- CHOOSE THE LARGER SIZE FOR A MORE COMFORTABLE FIT.