Antares R1 Carbon Saddle
Suppose you’re an admirer of the stage race across Italy. In that case, you may enjoy the special edition Antares R1 Carbon Saddle from Fi’zi:k even more considering the extraordinary date changes for the race on the 2020 calendar. Fi’zi:k offers subtle styling on the Antares with a full-length, slim pink stripe front to back, and a bold clumping of contrasted dash marks on the rear of the saddle — similar to the Vento Infinito R1 shoe for the 2020 edition. This isn’t just a saddle with a fancy cover though, as the Antares is a racing saddle at its core. Braided carbon rails and an R1 composite laminate shell reduce the saddle’s weight to just 160 grams and offer all the strength you’d expect from racing-caliber carbon.
Fi’zi:k keeps the familiar Wingflex onboard, which runs run along the underside edges of the saddle and bows slightly out of the way of the pedaling leg. This keeps a more natural pedaling trajectory and increases comfort for hours on the road. Fi’zi:k claims the saddle offers supportive cushioning that is also stiff enough to make for effective power transfer. It’s designed for riders with ”medium body flexibility and low pelvic rotation.”
- 2020 Giro graphics run front to back on this carbon racing saddle
- Vento performance series design makes it at home in the most elite of races
- Carbon rails and R1 composite laminate shell for strength and low weight
- Wingflex sides bow under the pedaling legs for comfort
- Medium-length saddle for greater range of comfortable riding positions