Why We Like The Aliante R3 K:ium Saddle
Light, affordable, and comfortable don't always come in the same package, but Fi'zi:k managed to bring them together under the banner of the Aliante R3 K:ium Saddle. A favorite of road and 'cross riders for years, the R3 uses more affordable materials but much of the same technology as Fizik's top-end R1. If you, and not your team, are footing the bill for your upgrades this season, consider replacing your ill-fitting saddle with the Aliante R3.
Like its pricier R1 sibling, the R3 comes built with a dual-layer TwinFlex shell, which consists of a stiffer outer layer handling power transfer and a forgiving center that flexes slightly for long-ride comfort. Though the R3's TwinFlex is made from nylon and fiberglass, as opposed to the carbon of the R1, most self-sponsored cyclists will likely find the modest difference in flex offset by the R3's more accessible price. Supporting all of it, Fizik's proprietary K:ium rails provide a durable, impressively light platform for seasons of hard riding. The mysterious titanium alloy sheds weight over solid titanium alone, and boasts a significantly higher strength-to-weight ratio than aluminum.
- Get a comfortable, light saddle without emptying your wallet
- Made for less flexible Bull riders within Fizik's Spine Concept
- Fiberglass-injected nylon shell blends flex with responsiveness
- K:ium rails deliver impressive stiffness and low weight
- Easy-to-clean Microtex cover protects saddle's internals
- Item #FIZ005G
- K:ium (titanium alloy)
- TwinFlex (fiberglass-reinforced nylon)
- Seat Length
- [regular, large] 279mm
- Seat Width
- [regular] 138mm, [large] 154mm
- Claimed Weight
- [regular] 7.6oz (215g), [large] 7.8oz (220g)
- road cycling
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 2 years
What do you think about this product?
ViewSelecting an option will reload the available reviews on the page
Sorry, we don’t currently have any of those types of reviews for this product.