Item # EVC002H
Evoc Hip Pack Race 3L $65.00
Hip to be Square.
We're big fans of hip packs at Competitive Cyclist, especially during the warmer months. It's really nice to carry just enough gear and food while still allowing our backs to breathe as we summit stifling summer climbs in order to earn our turns. The Evoc Hip Pack Race has been by our side this season, and we've become pretty spoiled with the ability to keep the weight low-slung and the cargo easily accessible. The Venti Flap system adjusts the amount of airflow between body and bag, letting you tighten-up during cool fall rides or go all-in on ventilation for balmy summer climbs.
- A low-slung hip pack for mountain biking
- Accommodates a 1.5-liter reservoir for hands-free hydration
- Zippered pockets secure tools, food, and accessories
- Easily adjustable to provide great fit and limit movement
View more Race Bags
Reviews & Community
Revolutionary Hip Pack
- Familiarity: I've put it through the wringer
After getting my first hip pack last year I knew I wasn't going back to a backpack from there on out.
The first variations of hip packs definitely lacked the right fit, size and key features. EVOC seemed to put all the missing pieces together on this pack. and absolutely nail an incredible hip pack for riders of all sorts and skill levels.
The only time I find myself riding with a backpack is when I go on LONG rides (3+hours - The whole enchilada, is the last trail I remember using my other EVOC backpack on). The other 98% of the rides I do I stick with this hip pack. After putting this pack through the wringer after a full mtb season here are the pros and cons I've noticed:
- Perfect height and width on the pack. If you have a pack too small or too short, when full it will bounce around. The EVOC race hip pack has the perfect dimensions
- Tool pouch is clutch. The pack includes various areas in the front panel (accompanied by a nice zipper/handle combo) that organizes your Co2, levers, multi tool, hanger and power link all in compact area.
- Size. Perfect sizing for your bladder, a hand pump and other tools listed above
- Magnetic attachment. This pack has a handy magnet so your bladder hose stays nicely on the hip belt without fumbling when you need that quick sip. (only included on the + bladder version)
- Water bottle holder. Along with the bladder the pack has a nice area for a water bottle that you can fill up with an electrolyte drink (my personal favorite is SIS and Skratch Labs).
- Mesh vent. Keeps that lower back from accumulating a pool of sweat and keeps that area fairly cool, even when fully loaded.
- Style. Looks good and feels good:)
- The waist belt adjustment tabs can make attaching the hose of the bladder back to the magnet a little difficult at times.
Hit me up if you're thinking about joining the hip pack revolution and get rid of those shoulder straps. There is nothing like having your back and shoulders free of weight allowing you to shred the "Gnar"