FR Track Protector Hydration Pack
Barreling down singletrack pack-free has its pluses to be sure — the wind on your back, less weight, a total feeling of freedom as you blast berms and weave through tight aspens — but it comes at a cost, and a hefty cost at that, which becomes apparent when your tire goes flat from an aggressive dive into a rock garden, miles from the trailhead, or you take a digger to your back with nothing there to break the blow. Now, that doesn't mean you need to load up with the biggest pack out there to properly prepare yourself for the ride, in fact we prefer the perfect in-between, midsize like the Evoc FR Track Protector Hydration Pack, which offers you 10-liters of storage to pack in a spare tube, pump, patch kit and multi tool, with room to spare for an extra layer if the temps start to drop, or a spring shower catches you off guard on the climb.
The FR Track Protector pack doesn't just hold your gear, though — more importantly, it protects your back. It comes to you CE-certified (EN01621-2), to give you peace of mind when you're getting rowdy and your tires leave the trail unintentionally. It works by holding you in with a large waist belt, and offering a padded, but rigid frame to soak up blows in the event of a crash. The pack only comes in XS, so it is intended for riders with smaller backs when it comes to major protection. The pads feature 3D AirMesh to pull away sweat as you push your way up switchbacks, and breathe when you start charging downhill. The bag its self is made from a combination of 210D ripstop nylon and 600D polyester to withstand abrasion, while a polyurethane coating throughout helps to repel water. In the event of a shower, the pack has a built in rain cover to keep your contents desert dry on the inside while you ride along.
- A pack that pulls double duty carrying and protecting
- CE-certified back protector shields from crashes
- Wide waist belt and adjustable shoulders secure pack in place
- 10L of storage with ample pockets to organize gear
- Hydration compatible with room for a 2-liter reservoir
- Helmet carry system compatible with XC, full-face or pads
- Integrated rain cover shields your gear from downpour
- Durable ripstop and polyester construction stands up to abrasion