Lite, but not on protection.
The Evoc FR Lite Team Protector Hydration Pack begs a question: if you can protect yourself, why wouldn't you? With an integrated spine protection system and no notable weight penalty over other small-to-medium-sized XC and trail hydration packs — not to mention a huge variety of other smart features — it's hard to think of reasons not to put the German-engineered FR Lite Protector pack at the top of your list.
Like many other Evoc packs, the FR Lite (FR standing for Free Ride) is made primarily of an ultra-tough and water-resistant blend of PU-coated ballistic ripstop nylons, with Air Mesh paneling along the rear to promote breathability to keep you cool. The result is an amazingly light and comfortable but bombproof pack that fits flat and feels minimal. The FR Lite is the smallest of Evoc's Protector series, but it still boasts a generous 10 liters (size M/L) of cargo volume for all-day adventures or a race stage or two, and can accommodate a hydration bladder up to 3 liters in size (not included). Dedicated smaller pockets for your cellphone, a map, and sunglasses boost utility, too, along with reflective webbing and a light clip to make you more visible when riding at night.
No description of an Evoc FR Protector pack would be complete without highlighting the technology that gives it its names. All Protector packs are CE-certified with Evoc's Liteshield Back Protector, a system featuring a super-light plate of temperature-insensitive materials — like an EPS core and foam damping layers — that reduce shock to the spine by up to 95% in the event of an accident. Completely replaceable in the event of being damaged, the ISP (Integrated Spine Protection) plate and its associated materials only add approximately 150 grams to each pack into which the system is integrated, making the decision just that much easier for riders who ride hard and push their limits.
- PU-coated ballistic ripstop nylon
- Integrated Liteshield Back Protector
- Three-liter hydration sleeve (bladder not included)
- XC and full-face helmet carry
- Air mesh straps and ventilated back panel
- Map, phone, tool, hip belt, and sunglasses pockets
View more Race Bags
|Torso Length||15 - 16.9in
(38 - 43cm)
|17.3 - 19.7in
(44 - 50cm)
|20.1 - 22in
(51 - 56cm)
|Height||5ft 1in - 5ft 7in
(155 - 170cm)
|5ft 7in - 6ft 4in
(170 - 192cm)
|6ft 4in - 6ft 7in
(192 - 200cm)
- How to Measure Your Torso:
- Measure your torso length by bending your head forward so your chin touches your chest. Feel for the most prominent bump at the back of your neck. Now measure from that point down to an imaginary line connecting the tops of your hips around your back. This works best with a partner's help.