TRS Plus All-Terrain Tire
The saying goes: if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and we're glad e*thirteen didn't mess with a good thing when they kept the same tread pattern as before on the TRS Plus All-Terrain Tires. And while the treat has always been great for locking in on the loose, rowdy terrain, one area where we'll welcome updates to any tire is in puncture protection, and the new TRS Plus doesn't waver there, adding in a more stable and supportive casing, as well as improved puncture protection for smashing through rock gardens and root lattices alike. The updated casing comes with tapered Apex inserts, which improves the performance of this tire on numerous fronts according to E*thirteen. First, the Apex inserts dramatically improve grip while cornering and braking. Secondly, rolling resistance is decreased so you can carry more speed on the trails. Lastly and most importantly, the Apex inserts increase the tire's puncture resistance so you can charge through technical terrain without worrying about your tires.
The TRS Plus Tire uses a slow rebound, tacky rubber throughout the tire which gives you more control when you're leaning the bike over in off-camber sections of trail. The tread pattern is characterized by ramped center knobs that help you get up to speed quicker, paired with aggressive side knobs that punch through loose terrain to find grip in the corners. While it may not have the same ultra-soft side knobs as the TRS Race, the slightly harder rubber of the TRS Plus will let you squeeze a bit more life out of the tire.
- e*thirteen keeps tread supportive while updating the classic TRS tire
- Lugs stay identical to previous generations for control in loose terrain
- Apex inserts improve grip, rolling speed, and puncture resistance
- More stable and supportive casing encourages you to charge hard
- Slow rebound, tacky rubber provides confidence-inspiring traction
- Ramped center knobs let you accelerate more quickly
- Aggressive side knobs find grip in loose, off-camber corners