When ride plans include meandering singletrack and sweeping, pine-needle filled turns through the trees, you want a saddle designed to keep you comfortable when you opt for an extra loop or three. The Ergon SMC4 Saddle's primary goal is to keep you comfortable so you're able to spin all day without suffering a significant weight gain or a budget-crushing price.
Ergon starts with sturdy CroMo rails paired with a nylon composite shell. It then adds Orthopedic Comfort Foam padding wrapped in a soft, durable, microfiber cover to withstand abuse from the elements. Although the shape is similar to Ergon's more race-specific SMR3 line, this saddle is softer and more amply cushioned. As an added bonus, the pressure-relief channel running down the center of the saddle creates a topography that protects sensitive areas while maintaining a supportive platform for your engine.
- A trail-hungry saddle that prioritizes comfort
- Orthopedic Comfort Foam cushions sit bones
- Soft, but durable microfiber withstands the elements
- Similar profile to SMR3, but designed to damp more trail chatter
- Pressure-relief channel protects sensitive anatomy
- Nylon composite shell offers a sturdy base
- CroMo rails are durable for the long haul